Sell Your Car by VIN
There are numerous ways to sell a car, but one of the fastest and most convenient ways is to sell it online using nothing more than your VIN – and we can help you do this.
What is a VIN?
A VIN is a Vehicle Identification Number and each vehicle has its own unique number. Think of it as a serial number or a fingerprint – it’s used to identify the EXACT vehicle that is being sold. Using a VIN in our online car selling calculator allows us to understand the exact year, make, model, and trim of the vehicle that you’re looking to sell. Having this information enables us to provide more accurate – and in most cases – much higher offers. Here’s how it works.
Identify your vehicle's VIN
(It looks like this)
There are a few places that you can find this:
- On the windshield. Go to the driver side of your vehicle and look at the very bottom of the windshield. There’s a small area that displays the VIN.
- Driver’s side door. Look at the door post (where the door latches when it is closed).
- On the vehicle’s title
- The VIN should be located on the purchase contract (if you purchased the vehicle from a dealer and still have the paperwork)
- It’s on your insurance card
- The VIN is also on your registration sticker & registration card
Getting a quote to sell your car by VIN
Once you confirm the vehicle, follow the remaining steps to receive your offer.