Where To Sign
On the back, top right of your title, find the ‘SIGNATURE(s) OF ALL SELLER(s)’ section and sign.
Important Tips About Signatures On The Title
- Signatures must be similar. Always check to ensure that you are signing correctly and accurately before you can sign the title.
- Alien holders that have been listed on your title must be the ones to sign off the title. However, if the alien holder is not available or cannot sign, you will require to have the original lien release from the lien holder.
- Avoid scribbles, whiteouts and strike throughs that can void your title.
Where To Print Your Name
On the ‘HAND PRINTED NAME(s) BY SELLER(s)’ section on the back of your document right below the signature section, print your name.
Important Tips About Names
- Ensure that the owner(s) name in the front of your title is an exact match of the seller’s name at the back of the title.
- For multiple owners let’s say it reads ‘your name AND other owners name’ at the front of the title, both you and the other listed owner must sign the title.
What If You Don’t Have A Title?
Missouri demands that you provide a title before you can sell a vehicle.
However, if you might have misplaced or lost the title, you can get a duplicate copy from the Missouri MVB
By mail (4-6 working days)
In person (3-5 working days)
$11 title fee
$25 late fee for late registration of vehicle after 30 days of moving to Missouri.