Where To Sign
At the back of your title on the upper right side, you will find the signature field that reads, ‘SIGNATURE(s) OF SELLER(s)’ where you can fill with your signature.
Important Tips About Signatures On The Title
- Signatures must be similar. Always check to ensure that you are signing correctly and accurately before you can sign the title.
- Alien holders that have been listed on your title must be the ones to sign off the title. However, if the alien holder is not available or cannot sign, you will require to have the primary lien release from the lien holder.
Where To Print Your Name
Below the signature field, you will find another field that reads ‘PRINTED NAME(s) OF SELLER(s). fill it by printing your full name.
Important Tips About Names
- Ensure that the owner(s) name in the front of your title is an exact match of the seller’s name at the back of the title.
- For multiple owners let’s say it reads ‘your name AND other owners name’ at the front of the title, both you and the other listed owner must sign the title.
- Always use the name at the front of the title if you have changed your name since the date the title was issued to you.
What To Note
The following factors can make the title void;
- Incorrect signatures
- White out
- Mark outs and tears
- Signatures in the wrong locations
What If You Don’t Have A Title?
If you have a vehicle that was manufactured later than 1975, the Alabama DMV requires that you provide a title.
However, if you might have misplaced or lost the title, you can get a duplicate copy from the Alabama DMV
By mail (1-2 weeks)
In person (same day)